Home Health Aide - North Vernon
Work worth doing for a company that cares! Be a part of the solution for an elderly/disabled individual that just wants to live in their own home. With your help they can!
We are looking for responsible and dedicated Caregivers, Home Health Aides and Certified Nursing Assistants
- Pay based on experience
- Flexible scheduling – you tell us what days and hours you are available to work
- sign-on bonus after 90 days of employment for HHA’s/CNA’s
- Benefits after 90 days for full-time employees
- One week of paid vacation after one year of service for full-time employees
No experience? No problem. We offer paid training for 2-week course consisting of book work, practice through simulation and skills assessment with patients. (Approximately 75 hours) Join our team today!
- Performs simple procedures under the direction and supervision of the registered nurse.
- Range of motion exercises
- Assistance in ambulation or exercises
- Performs personal care activities, including but not limited to:
- Skin care/nail care
- Oral hygiene
- Performs household services essential to health care at home, including but not limited to:
- Meal preparation/feeding
- Light housekeeping
- Reports any observed or reported changes in the client's condition and/or needs to the Registered Nurse. Follows reporting guidelines in the Care Plan.
- Documents care provided and completes the forms required for the client's records. Completes the appropriate records to document care given and pertinent observations. Submits documentation per Agency requirements—at least weekly.
- Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients by observing infection control practices, following Agency guidelines, and reporting unsafe situations to the Supervisor/Case Manager.
- Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment. Does not use equipment until orientation about its operation has been provided. Notifies supervisor of educational needs.
- Communicates effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary team through verbal reports, participation in staff meetings, and team conferences, as requested.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Attends in-service programs to meet compliance requirements. Identifies learning needs to Agency supervisor.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
Skills / Requirements
- Successful completion of a formal certification training program and/or a written skills test and competency evaluation.
- Be at least sixteen (16) years of age.
- Minimum of six (6) months work experience in a supervised setting, preferably health care facility.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and follow a written Plan of Care.
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Licensed driver with automobile insured in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and in good repair. Good driving record.
Job Status: Full Time, Part Time