Performs skilled nursing functions in accordance with the federal, state, and local laws and within the guidelines of his/her professional organization and Agency.
All functions shall be performed in accordance with the established policies and practices and state Nurse Practice Act. The LPN/LVN delivers care to clients as delegated by the RN Case Manager.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Current license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse in the state(s) of employment.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in an acute care setting or equivalent experience.
- CPR certified.
- Demonstrated written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- licensed driver with automobile insured in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and in good repair. Has a good driving record.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Provides professional nursing care as defined in the nurse practice act and under the direction of a Registered Nurse. Communicates appropriate status/condition changes to the RN per agency guidelines.
- Provides skilled nursing visits for clients as directed by the RN Case Manager. Follows the care plan established by the Registered Nurse.
- Recognizes and reports changes in client condition to the Case Manager and physician, as directed.
- Communicates information on a timely basis, consistent with Agency policy and urgency of the situation. Communicates verbally, as needed, and through complete and accurate documentation in the clinical record.
- Scope of clinical practice includes personal care services, monitoring and reporting findings, medication administration and monitoring, client teaching, emergency intervention, and nursing services within professional scope of practice and as delegated by the Case Manager